Is there a legal document I can use to protect myself from…

Customer Question
Is there a legal document...
Is there a legal document I can use to protect myself from being sued by someone I employ in my house as a home health care aide for mom?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2010
Lawyer: WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETFIGHTER
you can have her sign a waiver form which releases you and your mother from any liability or injury she would have, also consider getting a workers comp, or some additional insurance to cover a worker.

how would the 'waiver' be legally worded?

Worker agrees to hold harmless and indemnify all household members from all claims arising out of any injury, disability, or death of the worker or the workers employees..

Ok but is there a place I can go to print out a legal document that looks and is oficial?

I would use the independent contractor form and copy and paste it for her to sign, also if she is going to be paid an an employee workers comp is required, if paid on a 1099 this form is important.

http://www.lectlaw.com/forms/f050.htm

we seem to have gone from 'waiver of liability' to workmans comp...?...does one necessitate the other?
If you have an employee in NY workers comp is required, but usually home health aids are hired either through an agency or as 1099 independent contractors, the form I gave you is for an independent contractor, which waives all liability,