Concerning Timeshare, Maint fees - Martin Lake Resort Inc.

Customer Question
We paid the mbrship and...
Concerning Timeshare, Maint fees - Martin Lake Resort Inc. We paid the mbrship and now they are trying to collect for Maint fees. We never used this membership. After a company contacts us stating they are sending us to a collection agency, can we then send them a letter stating the SOL has been reached and cannot send to credit bureau?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Mississippi does have a three year statute of limitations for this so they cannot sue but they can still report it to the credit reporting agencies.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.