hello this is my sons question i am the mother and do not have…

Customer Question
hello this is my sons...
hello this is my sons question i am the mother and do not have the resources to take care of him unless he is off probation and working.

what happens if i just avoid probation until im 18.... im 17 and have been on probation for 2 years.. my father just kicked me out and living with him is not an option .. i just want to end my probation to continue living.

what happens if i just avoid until im 18? i s there anyway for me to terminate probation early?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

you state " ...do not have the resources to take care of him unless he is off probation and working"

and please tell me why he cannot work while on probation?

well probation at this point is a nusance for him....

he doesnt want to live with me he wants to get an apartment

for himself with his girlfriend but feels he cant if hes on probation...there will be to many problems.. he has talked to me and i feel he is responcible enough to make it on his own.

he already has his own apartment fully furnished studio witha bathroom and would like to continue living his own life.

hi

i see. so he has a job? i guess, i am baffled by your statement that he cannot work while on probation.

at any rate, this is something he needs to discuss with his PO. the PO needs to file the request for early probation termination. they do it that way, because the PO needs to give a good recommendation to the court for it to be vacated.

if he has complied with all the conditions and has no new charges, he should discuss it with the PO

if he absconds or just stops reporting then a warrant will be issued for his arrest and he could have any sentence that was suspended imposed. so if he is this close to completing the probation he needs to think if he is willing to risk it. it will not matter if he turns 18 or not. once that warrant is issued the clock stops. and the warrant remains active until served.

okay well he was supposed to be termintaed last week

his probation officer recommended it. but apparently he now owes restitution to someone he got in a car accident over a year ago

may 10th 2009

so they gave him six more monthes... it was completley unfair.

they havent told us how much he owes

we have to wait until september. then he has court in december.

he will be going on nearly three years... he has complied with all requests 80 hours of community service and all classes have been completed.

there has to be a way for him to get terminated. he is not looking to just get high

he really wants his life to be set straight

and feels probation is just holding him back, i can see him getting severley depressed and losing the will to go on, i am frightened.

he is a good boy and has changed from his dilquent ways.

there just has to be a way for him to get off probation.

also will emancipation help?

hi

well, there is no other way for him to have the probation terminated without the recommendation of the PO. sorry. i wish i could provide an answer that you want to hear. but i don't make the laws.