I got a prescription filled at Wal-Mart pharmacy for my 7 month…

Customer Question
I got a prescription filled...
I got a prescription filled at Wal-Mart pharmacy for my 7 month old son. When I opened the package at home, the Amoxicillan was in 2 vials in powder/raw form and an empty medicine bottle. Basically, the medicine was not mixed. The pharmacy was closed so I could not call to see if this was normal, and my son had to take the medication that night so my husband mixed it....hesitantly. I called the next day and the pharmacist on duty was very embarrased and apologetic.....Fortunatley my husband was able to mix the medicine but he is not a pharmacist and should not have had to do that...my baby is fine but I was just curious is Wal-Mart negligent?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.Yes this was professionally not an acceptable way to dispense this medicine.They were negligent here.They would be liable if harm had occurred.I mean I travel to Mexico a lot and we buy it unmixed because it stores and it doesn't keep once mixed.But in the Us here definitely you can complain to pharmacy board and if there was harm you woudl have a great claim.
Relist: Answer quality.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
File complaint here its a pharmacist issue

Alabama Board of Pharmacy

• To regulate and control in the public interest the practice of pharmacy and the management and operation of pharmacies that affect the public health, safety and welfare of the people of Alabama.
  • 10 Inverness Center, Suite 110
  • Birmingham ALNNN-NN-NNNN
  • Phone: 205/981-2280 Fax: 205/981-2330
  • www.albop.com
Here's lawyer referral

http://www.alabar.org/lrs/

This case has some value to it.They are clearly negligent.But since you cannot show medical harm it woudl put some limits on the value of the claim.

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/30/2010 at 12:01 PM EST