Are there any avenues that can be pursued legally when you…

Customer Question
Are there any avenues that...
Are there any avenues that can be pursued legally when you work for a private company, and the owner creates a hostile work environment (workplace bullying) but it's not based on any sort of discrimination?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.I think you shoudl fiel with EEOC.You woudl argue that in fact they are seeking to force workers to work in hostile environment and that this amounts to discrimination by targeting individuals.EEOC will investigate and make findings.They may issue these and right to sue letter.If you can find a class here--age, sex, race, etc I think you can make an argument.This really is your only recourse here to try and stretch this to make a claim..

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm