me and my wife wanted a divorce in 2007 i signed the divorce…

Customer Question
me and my wife wanted...
me and my wife wanted a divorce in 2007 i signed the divorce paper but we changed our mines the para legal kept the paper work we did not go tru with it
me and my wife be living back togeather ever since

reciently i recieved a paper saying i am divorced apperiently the para legal used the old papers i signed in2007 and filed it in 2009 unknowing to me
me and my wife have been living togeather siince we got back togeather in2007

can i get this divorce overturned and can i sue the para legal for filing the old papers from 2007 unknowning to me
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You can consider filing a motion with the court to set aside though Order Granting Dissolution of Marriage based upon a mistake. To prevail, you will need to convince the court that the paralegal filed the documents without your consent. You may file a negligence action against the paralegal to collect your damages