I am 3 months behind on a second mortgage on my Texas home.

Customer Question
We trried to pay on...
I am 3 months behind on a second mortgage on my Texas home. We trried to pay on it today and we were told the account is locked, we can't pay on it, they are foreclosing, and we have to pay 1300 in legal fees before they will take any payments. This seems rediculous
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/30/2010
Lawyer: WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETFIGHTER
have you considered a chapter 13 bankruptcy if you do this, the bank is forced to accept you back payments, over a 60 month plan,also if the home is underwater, the second mortgage could be removed from the property, so you would only have one mortgage.
no, bancruptcy is not an answer. I just want to pay the 3 months I owe
then you need to go to court and file an injunction in court to force the court to allow them to accept the payment, but this may cost more than a $1300 in legal fees. If they are not accepting your payment they are allowed to proceed on a foreclosure. A chapter 13 is not a chapter 7 bankruptcy which is meant for people with no income the chapter 13 is only for home owners in cases like yours, where the court forces the bank to accept the back mortgage payments with no fees, and you would pay it through a 60 month payment plan.