IS IT LEGAL FOR AN RV PARK OWNER TO LUMP YOUR RENT UTILITIES…

Customer Question
IS IT LEGAL FOR AN...
IS IT LEGAL FOR AN RV PARK OWNER TO LUMP YOUR RENT UTILITIES AND ANIMAL CHARGE INTO ONE SUM,SPLIT IT IN HALF AND TWO WEEKS LATER CHARGE YOU 10 PERCENT ON THE UNPAID BALANCE PLUS THE UNPAID BALANCE.THEN RAISE YOUR RENT ALMOST $300 FOR THE 3 SUMMER MONTHS AFTER YOUVE LIVED HERE 3 YEARS?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. Are there general rules in place? lease?
no rental agreement is signed ,theres a sheet of rules they give everyone that pulls in and the reciept for the fees state rent ,kilowatts used ,(17cents) per kilowatt ,and dog fee total minus what you give them ,balance then 10% of that amount plus what you owe $$$$$$$$$ is what you gotta cough up in two weeks ,no way to catch up, late fee is 50-80 dollars by itself, sez no refundsand no credit card on monthly (they want cash)and what they arent responsible for ,then they let others have special priviledges and we cant vaccume after 6pm, stuff like that... denied they gave us one increase of 897 ,said it turned out to be 995. instead, when we pay 755.verbal mo to mo
If there are no rules in place, they can changed on a regular basis on advance notice to tenants.
Relist: Inaccurate answer. i just did, i sent a response to them stating the law in calif just changed about a 10% late charge,not to mention it doesnt read to mean all enclusive late charge,meaning adding all three servicesdog utilities and rent THENadd10% on balanceleft man ,whats to stop every landlord from hustlingevery tenant oh pay half and in two weeks give me the other half plus a heftylate.at any rate they choose to inflict....illegal profiteering or punitive late plus LATE charge on a meter they ownthat charges you double already ,...and 10% increase in rent 30 days noticeover 10% 60 days but 40% increase w/changed figures these cant be the first to think of this ,why isnt every slumlord in calif doing this then ,see where im going...cause add it up 150 spaces times say $50 minimum per month ,   thats 7 and 1/2 grand  a month just in late fees  nowwhat late charge sides a bookie charges that?
Embarassedtitle="Embarassed"/>dear expert, please review Rico act of 1970, does this not violate the meaning ofc marketplace integrity to you? its repetitive,an is ??? unenforceable???? an unlawful debt? establishes a pattern... in that it exceeds 2 times in ten years, establishes the existence of an enterprise, whether they represent themselves as a legal entity, in fact arent .....
I will open this question to my colleagues for further comment.

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX sir/madam,,,,,, I have not only my interests at stake, I have people that wont fight for themselves even if they are in the right.... that continue to suffer at this owners hardheatedness,and are afraid of retalitory eviction. I love my 2009 Penal Code ,that is my saving grace, Ihave always loved LAW and learned early in life,

to extend the sword withhold the anger ,extend the anger withold the sword,...there is no better feeling than to be able to stop a tyrant, and I havent let their position they hold,for the county or state stand in my way.I am only one person ,but I have been a very busy one person.....with no break inbetween,my dad asked me debbie why do you think trouble always finds you,exclusively....and just you, knowing how he wanted me to answer.....I struggled for words that wouldnt come ,instead ,I lovingly explained ,

thats exactly why trouble seeks me out ,because TROUBLE thinks Im all by myself,just like you do.... Dad you dont believe in God,I accept that, but I ask you ,How can I do the things I do by myself ,and with a 10 grade education,and consistantly have the success at the lost causes that I undertake.????? I Couldnt! Ican't. Ive always had help,just because you cant see who's helping me doesnt mean I'm Alone.....I cant walk away from aTyrant that runs over others because they can.... ,out of personal concern for my own comfort first ... this is one of those......more than likely i will be evicted,im aware of that....but ,then again ......

You will get notice when a colleague takes over.
i would prefer that an attorney that is familiar w/ca. realestate law and the new 10% law just passed re late charges per rent and so on respond to me , this must be answered correctly and completely, cause im not gettin yelled at by any of the judges round here.....not a good idea, and its going to come to that ....
A colleague may take over from here.
is this a tuff question? what ? im in calif, I am considered a long term resident ,irregardlessof whether this is an rv park,occupants are here for a day or two tenants a month or two and me 3 plus years at one site and across the street in another space a few months, long term ...so what is the problem? we have a new law regulating a 10% latecharge , that I assume applies to me as well ,doesnt exclude me so it must,include me right,?.....so lets get this answered....
Relist: Incomplete answer.
get a different expert ,an attorney real estate /familiar w/ca laws please & new 10 % percent late fee law