I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. My ex wife has taken a 2008 jeep…

Customer Question
I live in Las Vegas...
I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. My ex wife has taken a 2008 jeep to Washington state. I am the primary on the loan and she is the co-signer. In divorce decree, she was awarded the jeep. Stipulation, if 1 payment is missed, primary may take the car back. She has been late twice (March and April), made May payment and now June 1st next payment due. She is not working and is not going to pay it. What can I do. She will not tell me where the jeep is and her new boyfriend said she just up and left last week. I asked what his address was and he wouldn't tell me. He is lying. Positive it's in Spokane Washington(Elk). What do I need to go repo it? I can get a key made for it, but do not have the alarm. What paperwork will I need and can I have a company go get it and bring it back to me. XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Brandon M., Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Hello there:

You need an order from the court. File a motion in the court where your divorce was settled and request an order to immediately produce and relinquish the jeep to your name and custody, and also that title be transferred to your name. If she fails to produce the jeep, you can prosecute her for criminal contempt of court.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
I can file the motion here in Las Vegas. Not a problem. Problem is finding her.
If you cannot locate her, you can effectuate service by publication.