TrueSuccessMerchants.com is an ISO of Altantic Pacific Processing…

"TrueSuccessMerchants.com is an ISO of...
"TrueSuccessMerchants.com is an ISO of Altantic Pacific Processing System (apps) ISO of ICAN Communicate LLC, ISO of Capital Bank Card 2010". They are recruiting representatives by zip code areas to promot their service. The catch is that there is a $295.00 one time set up fee and a $24.95 monthly charge. How do I research this to make sure that it is not a scam?
6/29/2010
Justice4U
Justice4U, Attorney
You can check with the Secretary of State's Office where the business is based to determine if the company is a legitimate corporation or LLC. The company would be required to register with the state and provide an agent for service of process. This will provide an idea of whether the company actually exists. This business claims to operate in Arizona so check there.

See:

http://www.azsos.gov/scripts/TNT_Search_engine.dll/ZoomTNT?NME_ID=489526&NME_CODE=NME

You should also request a list of references. For example, a list of satisfied customers you may contact.

There are no negative remarks that immediately appears in a web search regarding this company. This only means this is a new company. You should be very cautious and not send funds without further verification that the company is reputable.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.

Justice4U
Justice4U, Attorney
I didn't mention that I had already looked at the state attorney general's page and they were there so we both found that. I have once in the past found that a company legally set up in AZ is basically untouchable by out of state laws. That is my red flag there I guess. There are three other operations tied under Capital One (credit cards) that operate the same way. I am not sure what I expected in an answer but thank you for your prompt reply.
Essentially, you know the entity is properly registered to operate in Arizona. While no complaints are apparent, you should consider requesting information directly from the company before proceeding. References would be useful.

Thank you