new home owner on street,;,,car in garage, trailer on drive…

Customer Question
new home owner on street,;,,car...
new home owner on street,;,,car in garage, trailer on drive way,old truck and old fishing boat hooked together on street parking,(keeps moving it together), friends that live with them car parked differet places on street. our neighbor hood has now looked like a junk yard, husband come home from work no where to park. new home owner has very bad attitued, does several other things from his home...we think. just would like to know how many cars ,truck,boats can one person park in neighborhood????????????????????

resident in neighborhood for 40 yrs
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
What is the city/town and state?
petaluma california, sonoma county
Lawyer: Jim Reilly, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Hello dizangels and welcome to JustAnswer.

The city of Petaluma has a series of parking restrictions in the municipal code which you can see here:

http://www.codepublishing.com/ca/petaluma.html

Click on Title 11, Vehicles and Traffic, then go to Chapter 11.40, "Stopping, Standing and Parking" and Chapter 11.44, "Restricted or Prohibited Parking".

I cannot tell from your description of this neighbor's parking habits whether or not he is violating any of these sections ... possibly, particularly if he does not move the vehicles as required by section 11.40.060.

Unless the city has otherwise signed the street, however, there is no limit to the number of vehicles that can be parked or the places at which they can be parked ... at least on the public street and as long as they don't block driveway access.

If any of the vehicles are commercial vehicles there are limitations on residential parking. And, if any of the vehicles are abandoned or inoperable, there are restrictions in Chapter 11.64 that you might want to look at.

Unfortunately, as long as these vehicles are properly registered with up-to-date license plates and are otherwise legally parked on the public street, there probably isn't anything you can do to prevent it.

Thanks for asking your question here on JustAnswer. If you have any other questions, please let me know.