el paso county texas Horizon community improvement assoc trying…

Customer Question
el paso county texas Horizon community...
el paso county texas
Horizon community improvement assoc trying to collect assessment fee on property since 1999 through a texas collection agency. we have had no previous contacts other than one letter from the collection agency on may 17, 2010 and another received june 28, 2010.
does texas statue of limitations of 4 years apply?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Four year residual statute of limitations applies (Civ. Prac. Pro. 16.051). However, if the association has a statutory lien on your property, then it could foreclose. Apparently, no such lien exists, or you would have been foreclosed years ago.

Disputing the debt is the thing to do. Apparently, you've done that, so nothing to do now but wait.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.