i am on parole. i know they are releaving people from parole…

Customer Question
i am on parole. i...
i am on parole. i know they are releaving people from parole early. my parole officer said that i might be finishing parole early becaus of my meritt time. he also said that albany sent him papers to fill out and he did and sent them back. i want to know what are the requirements for this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.This is called commutation of sentence here and it ends your parole early.Here is reference to the process and how it works.You can contact Board of Pardon and Paroles here with questions.Certainly you may end early based on merit time

https://www.parole.state.ny.us/clemency.html
i am not sure if you if you misunder stood my question. i am on parole now. my parole officer said that i may get released from parole early. he said that i might because i have a previous conviction of violence which was in 2001. he is not sure. but said that it is possible that my parole might be teminated. i want to know if i am eligible for thi early cut of parole. being that i have a prior assault in the 2nd conviction back in 2001. i am on parole now for a dwi
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago

I think you may well be.That is why he sent paperwork in to verify that you are here.Early release is certianly possible because of good conduct and merit time.If you have no violations here while on parole they may terminate you early.
im sorry. that i know my question is will my past conviction in 2001 for assault in the 2nd disqualify me from being eligible? does that factor in on the dtermination of me being cut early from parole? does having a past violent record affect their decision? it was in 2001 and hat is ot what i am on parole for now. or is it thatyou cant be on parole for a violent crime to be eligible?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago

Page 3-4 here they go over guidelines for communication of sentence.I do not see that this bars you or otherwise restricts you from consideration.

http://www.docs.state.ny.us/Directives/6901.pdf

This prior here is way remote and I am not sure it would effect at all..
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago

Page 3-4 here they go over guidelines for commutation of sentence.I do not see that this bars you or otherwise restricts you from consideration.