i have an exgirlfriend who moved out and took my car with her.

Customer Question
now this car is in...
i have an exgirlfriend who moved out and took my car with her. now this car is in my name only and i insure the car when i bought it i might have said it was for my wife but that was the only time i used that word. how do i go about getting my car back
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
You can pick the car up since it belongs to you. As long as your name is XXXXX XXXXX title and the note is in your name and you are not married there shouldn't be an issue. If you're not sure you said it was "for your wife" I wouldn't even mention that again.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.