My son used me as a reference to get a job. I lied and said…

Customer Question
My son used me as...
My son used me as a reference to get a job. I lied and said he had done computer work for me over the years and that I was a family friend. I need to come clean with this. Can I get in trouble
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Attorney replied 8 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

As a general matter, you cannot be criminally prosecuted or sued in civil court for your statements. A worse case situation is that your son won't get the job or will be terminated.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!