i miss work for 3 days for jury duty i move so i never knew…

Customer Question
i miss work for 3...
i miss work for 3 days for jury duty i move so i never knew i had to attend the 1st time when i knew i tryed to go there i was reschdule to the next day. the next day i went but went to the wrong court house.they change it again i told them i cant miss work anymore they told me if i didnt go i will go to jail they told me to show up the next day i went and i did jury duty. i went to work showed them the paper work for the days missed and told then they finally let me in jury duty and told them that the 1st two days they reshdule me twice and my job accept the 3rd day for jury duty but need the info for them reschdule me for those two days i told them the court said they cant do that for anyone they just change the date my job told me if i dont have that info they will fired me what should i do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Contact the Office of your Jury Commissioner and ask for assistance. If your jury duty day was rescheduled twice, the Office should be able to give you a note indicating that this actually happened. Your employer wants to make sure that you actually missed work for jury duty and that you didn't just decide to take those two days without calling in. So, go back to the place that sent you the Jury notice and ask to speak with a Supervisor.

i contact the manger at the court house she was very rude to me she would not help me i tryed to get help from them someone told me to write a complaint about that but i dont know where else to go.

On the Jury Notice that you received, there is an address and/or a phone number there. Contact someone at that address or phone number. The Courthouse is not right place to call. Look at your notice again and see the information there. If you cannot find it, give me the name of your State and I would try to find the information for you.

ive called that number and that what happen but i live in florida

Here is contact information below. Keep calling that number until someone answers you. You can also e-mail:

State Courts Administrator
500 South Duval Street
Tallahassee, FL(NNN) NNN-NNNN
[email protected]

http://www.flcourts.org/courts/crtadmin/contact.shtml

it didnt work i gat fired should i get a lawyer for this?

Well, that is quite unfortunate.

Yes, you would need to get a local employment lawyer to further assist you:

http://www.lawyers.com

http://www.justia.com

http://www.attorneypages.com

Goodluck,