I was molested by my brother when i was in grad school for…

Customer Question
I was molested by my...
I was molested by my brother when i was in grad school for several years. I am 35yrs old now and he is 42? Can I do anything justice wise anymore know? The last 6 yrs I have been seeing doctors and on medicine trying to deal with this.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: legaleagle, Lawyer (JD) replied 8 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Was the rape/sexual assault committed in Iowa?

yes in Iowa

Since you were not under 18 you only had 3 years to press criminal charges.

I was in grad school (kindergarden) How was I too press charges then

sorry I thought you said grad school, ie after college, you left off the "e" in grade school. Then you had 10 years from the date you turned 18.

10 yrs I would have been 16 or 17 and try telling my parents of this was no good. I was punished for saying such things and punished. Also punished by my brother over and over again I had no where to turn for help

No, 10 years from the date you turned 18, so by time you turned 28 you had to have filed charges.

Edited by legaleagle on 6/29/2010 at 3:28 AM EST
Thank you for your time and I'm sorry for beeing so rude. You are just here to help me and I appreciate it.
No problem. I understood that you may have misread.