my parents had green card but they did not visit usa for last…

Customer Question
my parents had green card...
my parents had green card but they did not visit usa for last 5 years so it expired. they want to abandon their gren card and reapply for immigration.i have their green card here with me in jacksonville,Fl which address should i return the green card.how long it takes to get new immigration and green card.should i apply for new green card togather or wait for the abondment process
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/29/2010
Lawyer: WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETFIGHTER
did you receive a letter from USCIS stating it was abandoned?
no i have not recived the letter .i am going to send the application to abandon the green card
so do you want the address to mail the request?
yes.please
you use form i-407 they have to file it with the American embassy located in their home country. If they do it voluntarily, this will not prejudice them in the future when they apply for nonimmigrant entries or if they again applies for LPR status.
can i send form 1-407 on their behalf here in usa and what is the adrress to send it here
no, it has to be sent to the American Embassy in the country that they are living the American consulate will handle it.