The County of San Benito Health Services, Adult Protection…

Customer Question
The County of San Benito...
The County of San Benito Health Services, Adult Protection Agency removed my personal property from the privacy of my home, without my knowledge, authorization, a warrant or official document. Did they have the right to do so? Did they violate the 4th ammendment, Due Process? What recourse do I have? [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw
What does this agency have to do with you? Why would they be coming to your home?

I am representing my sister, apparantly the Health Services agency has been working with her, to correct a code enforcement violation.

There was a family altercation, she called the police, the police deemed she was a threat to her self and others, she was taken in for observation. Code Enforcement was called (hoarding) the house was red-tagged, no entry, The a couple of days later, Health services agency showed up with haulers and removed items from her front and back yard without notice or authorization. When asked to produce a warrant, everything came to a hault.

Was the personal property taken yours or your sister's. Was the stuff on the front and back property in violation of local ordinances? Was all the property taken outside the house as opposed to inside the house?