RECIEVED A CHECK FROM NEW YORK CITY EMPLOYEES RETIREMTNET…

Customer Question
RECIEVED A CHECK FROM NEW...
RECIEVED A CHECK FROM NEW YORK CITY EMPLOYEE'S RETIREMTNET SYSTEM ; WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS A SCAM ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

if you were never employed in NY and in the retirement system, then yes - it would be a scam.

however, you can verify it with the NY Attorney General's office - this link

Edited by Sam on 6/28/2010 at 9:56 PM EST
Sam, Attorney at Law
GARANT HOLDINGS INCORPORATED; FINANCIAL INVESTMENT AND LOTERY RESOURCE MANAGEMENT ! BANK OF NEW YORK THIS CHECK WAS SENT BYE THIS COMPANY ! IS THIS A SCAM ?

hi

yes. it is a scam. i suggest you contact the NY AG and provide them with all information. they appreciate having the notice so they can keep track of them