We just found out our daughter who just turned 16 is sexually…

Customer Question
We just found out our...
We just found out our daughter who just turned 16 is sexually active. Her "boyfriend" is 18. We live in the state of KY is there any legal method to keep them from getting together? We try to strictly limit when, how and who she is allowed to spend time with but she always finds a way to sneak to his house. The boys parents will not cooperate even though they know we do not want her over there.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

hi

well, if you feel that this boy is a threat to her health and wellbeing, you can keep a restraining order from the court - it can be sought against the boy and the parents.

however, sexually age of consent is 16 - so unless there is more going on such as he is violent toward her the court may not issue it