i gave the documents to a custom broker in order to clear an importation. he too…

Customer Question
i gave the documents to...
i gave the documents to a custom broker in order to clear an importation. he took over 4 days and gave excuses like customs wastoo busy. i decided to use another broker who got me the merchandizethe next day. broker # XXXXX is asking fool payment of custom duty bond fee custom clearance and messengers.
he says he didi his work and i should pay him.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

No, he obviously did not do the work and he is not entitled to it. Tell him he can sue you if he wants, but that b/c he did not doe the work and it constituted a breach of contract, that allowed you to hire someone else. Also, IF he sues you, you'd counter-sue for frivolous lawsuit and malicious civil prosecution, and harassment. That'll be the last you hear from them.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”