forgot to state this was as a corp officer

6/28/2010
Kim Courtney
Yes, my original answer still stands correct. They can still garnish the properties.

Kimberly
Kim Courtney
How con they do personal garnishments when this was a corp.?
So are you saying that the debt was only belonging to the corporation? Or there was a contract with a personal guarantee?

only belonging to the corp. as far as I know.

This was my son's business I had nothing to do with. Accept for the signature because he couldn't get a license.

Ok, I am not sure what your last sentence meant, "except for the signature because he couldn't get a license".

It is common for business debts to be collectable personally, so in that case the attachment would be ok. I just depends on how the papers were signed and what they said.

Kimberly
Meaning, I had nothing to do with the business except signing the papers.
So you signed papers too? In your name? How did you sign, and how did he sign?
Sorry for the confusion.........he could not sign (youngest son) so myself and my oldest son signed for him, for a license and floor plan in order for him to be able to sell cars on his lot.A floor plan being the on going funds to purchase cars to sell. Business busted they repo'd cars left on his lot and went to court up in Ind. Got the judgement against me and my oldest son both who had nothing to do with the business except for trying to help him .
Well, you can't just sign under your names alone, otherwise you are personally liable. That's why they are going after you. You signed a legal contract under your personal name.
Both signed Corp. papers as officers of Corp.......that part is no recourse for them, BUT I'm afraid there may be a unconitional and continuing guaranty signed. If so I guess I'm ...........you know what!!
Ok, again, that's new information.
It sounds like there is a personal guarantee here. You have to look at the contracts to see. If so, there is nothing you can do.
Thank you......appreciate your info.
You are welcome.
Take care.