Made an offer to purchase on property and was trading in 2…

Customer Question
Made an offer to purchase...
Made an offer to purchase on property and was trading in 2 houses already owned on Feb. 10, 2010. Seller could not secure financing to purchase trade-in property. Buyer had verbal agreement with seller to move in property being purchased and was told to do whatever he needed to do on property being purchased; buyer spent 4,660.00 on property and when seller could not get financing for trade-in's, seller refused to refund actual expenses buyer had made on propery to be purchased;can a lien be placed on property and who does the lien; the person who actually performed the work or the person who did the offer to purchase?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Kim Courtney,
 replied 8 years ago
Kim Courtney
Hello. Sorry, that money is not refundable in this case. That would have to be specified in your contract of sale. You will only get back your deposit.

Kimberly