what is the best way to find a lawyer what is the best

Customer Question
what is the best way...
what is the best way to find a lawyer?

what is the best way to make an intial contact? email or telephone?

how can i find a lawyer who is interested in representing an individual?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Tina, Lawyer

There are websites online such as martindale.com that provide information on attorneys by area of practice and location. You can also contact the state and local bar associations for attorney referrals.

Generally, I would contact the attorneys by telephone so you can discuss your legal situation and get feedback from the attorneys about the merits of your case and other information.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

___________________________________________________________________________________

Even if you have a subscription, please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by JA and then request follow-up assistance from me if necessary. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and cannot constitute legal advice based on rules of professional conduct. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you received if it is not favorable to your situation. I work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Please do not shoot the messenger if it is not the answer you wished to hear. As always, I continue to be dedicated to providing you with professional and courteous service.

i have visited martindale huble site, but i guess what i really want to know is how to distinguish the poof for large corporate`clients from firms or individuals who generally represent clients in my league ie professional who is not destitute but is not a large

corporate entity?

You need to look for attorneys who represent individual plaintiffs. Usually they will indicate on their website what type of clients they represent. You would not want ones who do defense work, but do plaintiff's work.

Take care.

Please remember: even if you have a subscription, I do not get credited for my work by JA until you press the ACCEPT button. Thanks again!

Tina, Lawyer

in my small state, and after reviewing the bar site, how would i find a lawyer with your

expertise? are there some key phrases to look for?

i need advise --additionally it is difficult to express my sitauation withconfidentiallity

I don't know what type of case you have, so I really can't answer your question. If you want to provide additional information, I could try to make some suggestions.

need representation for potential tax and employee bebefits problems

Then you would need an employment law attorney with tax experience. I would look for employment law, tax law, plaintiff's firm. Those search terms should aid you. The state and local bar associations should be able to provide you with referrals.

Good luck and take care.