Do i have the right to breach a contract and follow law sue…

Customer Question
Do i have the right...
Do i have the right to breach a contract and follow law sue vs my landlord
because he hasn't fix air condition since january ? and what to do ?
i have paper work claimbing air condition not working since then, even called police cause
he came over very agresive several times into my office and custumers and employees screeming and cossing ....and smoking cigar inside my office even with a sign not smoking , and he said its his building and its nothing i can't do .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Yes, you can indeed sue him for breach of the lease for not fixing something that is his responsibility to fix. The other thing you can do is notify him in writing that until he fixes the breach of the lease you will withhold rent in a separate escrow account and each month you send him a copy of the letter and proof that the money for the rent was deposited in the separate account on time. Another option you have is to notify him that if he doesn't repair it within 5 business days you will hire someone to make the repairs and deduct the cost of the repairs from the rent payments.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.