7 years ago - I loaned someone some money. We lost contact…

Customer Question
7 years ago - I...
7 years ago - I loaned someone some money. We lost contact with each other and I still want my money. We agreed that he will pay me, but hasn't... Can I still pursue this legally?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Thomas McJD, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Do you have a written contract regarding the loan or was it simply a verbal agreement that he would pay you back?
we have a contract.

The statute of limitations for a written contract in Illinois is 10 years, so you can still sue him to collect the debt.

I believe I have answered your question. Your accept would be greatly appreciated. Of course, if I can provide clarification concerning your original question, please let me know.

If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you accept the answer to your first question before asking another.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.

You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.