I paid for and signed a contract to buy a dog from bluprint…

Customer Question
I paid for and signed...
I paid for and signed a contract to buy a dog from bluprint kennels...a month after paying and a month before the puppies were ready to be shipped my g/f ended up pregnant and i told the lady i no longer wanted the dog...she said per our contract youll have to wait til your puppy is resold to get your money back even though she had the 2500$ i paid for it and 500$ of it being non refundable.she wouldnt send the $2000 back right away... I never picked a puppy and it said nowhere in the contract if i were to pull out that i would have to wait for my pick to be resold. i have tried contacting her again telling her its been over a month since i backed out and havnt heard anything from her and that i would take it to court... i told her i would like a date that she would be paying me back and if she wanted we could work out a payment plan... still no response, so now i would like to sue her to get my money back.... i live in vermont she in california... would i win the case or should i not even bother and let her hold my money as long as she wants
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. I am afraid I do not see a strong claim so I would be patient and get a refund once they have another buyer.
even though it never said in the contract that i would have to wait for another buyer. at what point do i look into sueing again how long should i wait what if she never sells any of the puppies
Keep in mind they could hold you liable and make you pay since you signed so waiting for money back is not a bad option.
money has already been paid and they have already said that they would pay me as soon as my puppy has been sold....i never picked a puppy but there has been one sold and i still have no money. i have it written in an email that they would pay me back. do i wait for another puppy to be sold how long should i wait until i seek further action
You need to wait for it to he resold per their agreement. I do not see relief beyond that unless they dont try to sell it or sell it and dont give you money back. If that happens, sue in small claims court.