My brother left his pregnant wife and had a restraining order…

Customer Question
My brother left his pregnant...
My brother left his pregnant wife and had a restraining order so he didn't see the baby when he was born and then at visitation hearing he waived his rights. He is telling us he was given no choice but to waive his rights but I don't believe this. Wouldn't he have been given supervised visits? Is he lying?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, it is very likely that your brother is not telling the truth here. The court is loath to accept a waiver parental rights and does not do so except in the most serious of circumstances when the parent poses a harm to the child.
MShore
MShore, Attorney
So could he have had supervised visits because all there was against him was past drug use?How hard would it be for him to get visitation in the future due to waiving his rights? Can his mediation records be obtained to know the facts?
Yes, he could likely get supervised visits, his right to visitation can be reinstated so long as his complete parental rights were not terminated. His records are concealed.