How can I find out is Maximum Impact Marketing is a legitimate…

Customer Question
How can I find out...
How can I find out is Maximum Impact Marketing is a legitimate company, offering me a legitimate job. They have a website, have supposedly been in business for 4 yrs. and are out of OH. Nothing comes up in any scambusters site or BBB. I have been told that I have to pay for leads, $27.00 each, and that MIM must have $1,000.00 from me in advance to cover the cost of the first 3 leads. I nasered an online ad, sent resume, cover letter and filled out application. I had 3 phone interviews and signed a 17 page 1099 contract agreement which can be canceled at anytime by either party in writing.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.I think this is a scam.You are correct its new here and not much on line.But anytime they want money here upfront a red light should come on and you should run away.I just don't think that this is a legitimate business and I would tell you to walk away here if you haven't paid them..There are too many other opportunities that don't require upfront money.Be careful and really think this over.
I want a definitive answer. I have written to you because of "my gut feelings" but I want to know if they really are a scam or not.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
There's just nothing on them--no reviews or the Attorney General hasn't gone after them.But you have to know this amounts to a pyramid kind of enterprise.They want a lot of money up front with only a few "leads".As a lawyer I'd tell you that this is just bad news here.these guys usually produce just enough leads to keep your money and then no more leads.Any time anybody wants money up front like this you have to know they are not legitimate in delivering what they promise.