my brother is guardian for my mother,we dont get along,i llive…

Customer Question
my brother is guardian for...
my brother is guardian for my mother,we dont get along,i llive out of state from il.if i go back to il,he says he will have me arrested if step on her property,can he do this?that doesnt sound like looking after my mothers interest
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/28/2010
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Roger, Attorney
No, he cannot have you arrested for coming onto your mother's property - the only person that can charge him with trespassing is the property owner.
even though he is legally the guardian,and my mother deemed mentally incompetent,and my brother says he is in complete charge now,there is no way i can get arrested for staying at my moms house,i am sorry to ask twice,but i am going home this thursday and just want to be sure,what can he do then?thank you,mark

My suggestion is that you contact the sheriff's department, tell them what is going on, and ask that a deputy accompany you to your mother's house to keep the pease and prevent any problems from occurring. That would be the best for everyone.

The sheriff's office will do this for you.