Hi, My tenants lease is up 30 June 2010. She has not paid…

Customer Question
Hi, My tenants lease is up...

My tenants lease is up 30 June 2010. She has not paid June’s rent yet despite my reminders. She has texted me that she will move out 3 July. I texted her back that this is unacceptable and that she and all her belongings should be out of the house on 30 June and that I will be by to pick up my keys on that date. My questions are 1) if she remains in the house after 30 June, can I go into the house at times I choose (during daytime) while she still occupies it without any legal ramifications, and 2) since she has threatened me by texting “you don’t know who your messing with” as well as other messages, is this sufficient cause for immediate eviction?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. You need to get court consent evicting him. Basis of eviction would be the non payment.

Edited by INFOLAWYER on 6/27/2010 at 10:09 PM EST

I'm aware of the legal eviction process. I need my two questions ansered.

1) if she remains in the house after 30 June, can I go into the house at times I choose (during daytime) while she still occupies it without any legal ramifications,
NO. AS LONG AS TENANT IS IN POSSESSION YOU CANNOT DO SO SINCE TENANCY REMAINS IN EFFECT

and 2) since she has threatened me by texting “you don’t know who your messing with” as well as other messages, is this sufficient cause for immediate eviction?
THAT IS NOT A BREACH OF LEASE. YOU CAN EVICT ON BASIS OF THE RENT.