My wife and I have seperate credit card accounts and no real…

Customer Question
My wife and I have...
My wife and I have seperate credit card accounts and no real estate. She is no longer working and going to college. In California, can she file for bankrupcy protection without the creditors ( credit cards) coming after me?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/27/2010
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 8 years ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. If debt incurred during marriage they can pursue you too
Is that to say inversely if we are legally seperated or divorced that htey can still come after me?
Once divorced the liability would end
does this hold true if you are legally seperated and the divorce is not final?
Normally as well and covered in the separation
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX signed up for the membership because of your answers.
My pleasure