JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
14211116

i have a peace order filed against me and criminal harassment

Customer Question

i have a peace order filed against me and criminal harassment charges that are completely unfounded. how can i get charges dropped by presenting the evidence i have before the trial?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

From the collective facts you've described, there's no way to get the charges dropped before trial.

The whole point of having a trial is to (a) force the prosecutor to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, and (b) if you choose to do so, you can present your defense.

I understand if this isn't the answer that you were looking for. However, when there's a question/dispute of fact, there's no way to avoid the trial process if what you ultimately seek is a dismissal.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful in better understanding where you stand and why. I also hope that you find this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do i need a lawyer for the hearing that comes 3 days after a peace order has been filed against me
Technically, you do not need one. Would it be a good idea to have one? You bet.