IF YOU WIN A BID ON EBAY IS IT A LEGAL AND BINDING AGREEMENT…

Customer Question
IF YOU WIN A BID...
IF YOU WIN A BID ON EBAY IS IT A LEGAL AND BINDING AGREEMENT? I WON A BID AND DO NOT WANT THE ITEM, IT WAS A CAR.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Yes, and even according to Ebay's own contract, the bid is a binding contract and if the buyer backs out or the seller refuses to sell then there can be a lawsuit for breach of contract to force the party to abide by the contract.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.