my son and his girlfriend are having a baby they are not planning…

Customer Question
my son and his girlfriend...
my son and his girlfriend are having a baby they are not planning to get married he wants to be responsible but he has a question about the birth certifacte should he sign it and if he does that mean his last name will be the babys she wants her last name and he wants his she is willing to hyfin with both names what do you suggest are his best interests
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/27/2010
Lawyer: Kim Courtney,
 replied 8 years ago
Kim Courtney
Hello. He can sign the birth certificate and they can give the baby any name that they want to. They just must be consisent once they start using a name for the baby.
i know that but if they split up what is in his best interest
Lawyer: Kim Courtney,
 replied 8 years ago
I don't think it matters what the child is named if they split up. It will still be his biological child. He should name the child what he wants to now.