Issue Are condo sellers covering up MOLD and want me to

Customer Question
Issue: "Are condo sellers covering...
Issue: "Are condo sellers covering up MOLD" and want me to get suck with LIABILITY when I own/sell?

I am in the process of buying a condo "AS IS" sold by a financial investment group. They did cosmetic repairs to it - so even if there still is MOLD you can't see or smell it.

During the phone conversation with my agent they mentioned that they the previous tenants caused mold due to negligence.. the investor did "mostly cosmetic" repairs, replaced drywall and now "mold should be gone". No official disclosure of any kind.

Am I catching a falling knife? Should I
- Find out why investors were in litigation with tenants for 2 years prior to evicting them (MOLD?)
- Do mold testing? Is it sufficient to save me from LIABILITY & problems down the road?

I am very concerned.. seller doesn't guarantee "anything... even the work done". What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/27/2010
Lawyer: MShore, Attorney replied 8 years ago
MShore
MShore, Attorney
Thank you for the post, you should have the property inspected for mold by a independent home inspector. This way you will definitively know if there is a mold problem or not.