is it contempt of court not to turn over collateral after there…

Customer Question
is it contempt of court...
is it contempt of court not to turn over collateral after there is a judgment against you?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw
When you say not turn over collateral what do you mean? Has the sheriff executed a levy? Has the judgment been entered for a dollar amount and the judgment creditor has yet to levy on the collateral?

Did you get my response to your follow up question.

The judge said to turn over collateral and I spent some of the money in my bank account which the bank claims is collateral.

I spent it for regular business expenses.

Am I in contempt?

What did the court list as the collateral? Was the bank account with the bank who claims the account was collateral? The only response I got was the response you just sent.