I went to court with a company that brought me. the judge said…

Customer Question
I went to court with...
I went to court with a company that brought me. the judge said at the end of the court hearing If I make the bill $ 100.00-175.00 would you pay it then they cant take you back to court, I said yes. I recieved a bill in the mail saying $ 700.00 but on the front of the letter was a stamp saying " DEEMED WAIVED " I called the court house and asked the clerk department what that meant and she said the judge waived it out of court you dont have to pay it... is this correct ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Kim Courtney,
 replied 8 years ago
Kim Courtney
Hello. Yes, if the judge ordered in court that you only have to pay the $175 then that is what you have to pay to settle this in full. You don't have to pay the $700. If they try to collect you have the court order saying differently.

Kimberly
The thing is the judge never ordered it in fron of me , he just asked me that question while I was being asked questions , he said he would send us the answer in the mail. so my question is really what does deemed waived mean when a judge stamps it on the letter they send to you ?. and who do I contact if it said 700.oo from the court paperwork when the judge said I would only have to pay a small amount. ?
Lawyer: Kim Courtney,
 replied 8 years ago
The paper you got is the judge's order that you don't have to pay. Make sure you keep that as your proof!