Can the assets of a male and female couple living together,

Customer Question
not married, be considered as...
Can the assets of a male and female couple living together, not married, be considered as one asset? Each party has their own checking account, their own brokerage account, further, no assets are comnigled an any way.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Typically the assets of an unmarried couple would be considered individually and not as a single unit. The creditors of one person would not be able to typically attach the assets of the other.
I was on a North Carolina web site. I thought my answer would be from an attorney familiar with NC statutes. Though I did not specify NC, that is what I am specifically interested in.
You asked for a reply . Please answer my reply to you . Will be most happy to pay when I get a full answer. thank you.
I am not trying to be difficult, but I have not received your clearification to your answer of last Saturday. I am concerned of my being a NC resident.