i have a class 3 misdemeanor hassment charge and crim misch…

Customer Question
i have a class 3...
i have a class 3 misdemeanor hassment charge and crim misch also class 3 in grand juntion co pending but dont live there so what r the extradition laws for something like that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.If you are pulled over here they will detain you.They will then notify other state here and they decide whether to extradite you.These are not major offenses and they may not extradite.But you can be in jail for awhile here until they decide the matter.

im in wy not sure where u r i need to know about in wy

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
It is not likely they would extradite you.But the state here decides once you are taken in .You have the option here to contact the other state here and resolve these.You may well get probation and fine and not have this lingering here.Resolving it avoids a surprise someday if you get stopped.

Contact sheriff here

http://sheriff.mesacounty.us/template.aspx?id=103

Edited by RayAnswers on 6/26/2010 at 3:30 AM EST
and i think im still out on a pr bond does that efect it?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
They woudl have revoked the bond if you failed to appear.Another reason to call and resolve.
havent missed any court dates they most likely r going to put me on probation so what about a prabation violation on those charges? would they extradite for that?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
No not necessarily they probably just extend probation here if you turn yourself in and resolve them.
thats it tho i dont have the money or time to go up there much more and they wont move probation to another state i was told
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Well save your money here and try to resolve it.And be careful here of getting pulled over.I understand that its hard to go back.
still not sure what state ur in? im looking for the co to wy laws about it. two misdemeanors class 3 probation violation extradition laws that aply
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Wyoming laws for reference..

976.03
976.03 Uniform criminal extradition act.
976.03(1)
(1) Definitions. In this section, "governor" includes any person performing the functions of governor by authority of the law of this state. "Executive authority" includes the governor, and any person performing the functions of governor in a state other than this state, and "state" referring to a state other than this state refers to any other state or territory organized or unorganized of the United States of America.

976.03(2)
(2) Criminals to be delivered upon requisition. Subject to the qualifications of this section, and the provisions of the U.S. constitution controlling, and acts of congress in pursuance thereof, it is the duty of the governor of this state to have arrested and delivered up to the executive authority of any other state of the United States any person charged in that state with treason, felony or other crime, who has fled from justice and is found in this state.

976.03(3)
(3) Form of demand. No demand for the extradition of a person charged with a crime in another state shall be recognized by the governor unless in writing alleging, except in cases arising under sub. (6), that the accused was present in the demanding state at the time of the commission of the alleged crime, and that thereafter the accused fled from the state, and accompanied by a copy of an indictment found or by an information supported by affidavit in the state having jurisdiction of the crime, or by a copy of an affidavit made before a magistrate there, together with a copy of any warrant which was issued thereon; or by a copy of a judgment of conviction or of a sentence imposed in execution thereof, together with a statement by the executive authority of the demanding state that the person claimed has escaped from confinement or has broken the terms of the person's bail, probation, extended supervision or parole. The indictment, information or affidavit made before the magistrate must substantially charge the person demanded with having committed a crime under the law of that state; and the copy of indictment, information, affidavit, judgment of conviction or sentence must be authenticated by the executive authority making the demand.

976.03(4)
(4) Governor may investigate case. When a demand shall be made upon the governor of this state by the executive authority of another state for the surrender of a person so charged with a crime, the governor may call upon the attorney general or any prosecuting officer in this state to investigate or assist in investigating the demand, and to report to the governor the situation and circumstances of the person so demanded, and whether the person ought to be surrendered.

976.03(5)
(5) Extradition of persons imprisoned or awaiting trial in another state or who have left the demanding state under compulsion.
976.03(5)(a)
(a) When it is desired to have returned to this state a person charged in this state with a crime, and such person is imprisoned or is held under criminal proceedings then pending against the person in another state, the governor of this state may agree with the executive authority of such other state for the extradition of such person before the conclusion of such proceedings or the person's term of sentence in such other state, upon condition that such person be returned to such other state at the expense of this state as soon as the prosecution in this state is terminated.

976.03(5)(b)
(b) The governor of this state may also surrender on demand of the executive authority of any other state any person in this state who is charged in the manner provided in sub. (23) with having violated the laws of the state whose executive authority is making the demand, even though such person left the demanding state involuntarily.

976.03(6)
(6) Extradition of persons charged with having committed a crime in the demanding state by acts done in this or some other state. The governor of this state may also surrender, on demand of the executive authority of any other state, any person in this state charged in such other state as provided in sub. (3) with committing an act in this state, or in a third state, intentionally resulting in a crime in the state whose executive authority is making the demand; and the provisions of this section not otherwise inconsistent shall apply to such cases, notwithstanding that the accused was not in that state at the time of the commission of the crime, and has not fled therefrom.

976.03(7)
(7) Issue of governor's warrant of arrest; its recitals. If the governor shall decide that the demand should be complied with, the governor shall sign a warrant of arrest, which shall be sealed with the state seal, and be directed to a sheriff, marshal, coroner or other person whom the governor may think fit to entrust with the execution thereof; and the warrant must substantially recite the facts necessary to the validity of its issue.

976.03(8)
(8) Manner and place of execution. The warrant shall authorize the officer or other person to whom directed to arrest the accused at any place where the accused may be found within the state and to command the aid of all sheriffs and other peace officers in the execution of the warrant, and to deliver the accused subject to this section, to the duly authorized agent of the demanding state.

976.03(9)
(9) Authority of arresting officer. Every such officer or other person empowered to make the arrest shall have the same authority in arresting the accused to command assistance therein, as sheriffs and other officers have by law in the execution of any criminal process directed to them, with the like penalties against those who refuse their assistance.

976.03(10)
(10) Rights of accused; application for habeas corpus. No person arrested upon such warrant may be delivered over to the agent whom the executive authority demanding the person shall have appointed to receive the person unless the person shall first be taken forthwith before a judge of a court of record in this state, who shall inform the person of the demand made for the person's surrender and of the crime with which the person is charged, and that the person has the right to demand and procure legal counsel; and if the prisoner or the prisoner's counsel shall state that the prisoner desires to test the legality of the prisoner's arrest, the judge of such court of record shall fix a reasonable time to be allowed the prisoner within which to commence an action for habeas corpus. When such action is commenced, notice thereof, and of the time and place of hearing thereon, shall be given to the prosecuting officer of the county in which the arrest is made and in which the accused is in custody, and to the said agent of the demanding state.

976.03(11)
(11) Penalty for noncompliance with preceding section. Any officer who delivers to the agent for extradition of the demanding state a person in the officer's custody under the governor's warrant in disobedience to sub. (10) shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and on conviction shall be fined not more than $1,000, or be imprisoned not more than 6 months or both.

976.03(12)
(12) Confinement in jail when necessary.
976.03(12)(a)
(a) The officer or person executing the governor's warrant of arrest, or the agent of the demanding state to whom the prisoner may have been delivered, may when necessary confine the prisoner in the jail of any county or city through which he or she may pass; and the keeper of such jail must receive and safely keep the prisoner until the person having charge of the prisoner is ready to proceed on his or her route, such person being chargeable with the expense of keeping.

976.03(12)(b)
(b) The officer or agent of a demanding state to whom a prisoner may have been delivered following extradition proceedings in another state, or to whom a prisoner may have been delivered after waiving extradition in such other state, and who is passing through this state with such a prisoner for the purpose of immediately returning such prisoner to the demanding state may, when necessary, confine the prisoner in the jail of any county or city through which he or she may pass; and the keeper of such jail must receive and safely keep the prisoner until the officer or agent having charge of the prisoner is ready to proceed on his or her route, such officer or agent, however, being chargeable with the expense of keeping; provided, however, that such officer or agent shall produce and show to the keeper of such jail satisfactory written evidence of the fact that the officer or agent is actually transporting such prisoner to the demanding state after a requisition by the executive authority of such demanding state. Such prisoner shall not be entitled to demand a new requisition while in this state.

976.03(13)
(13) Arrest prior to requisition. Whenever any person within this state shall be charged on the oath of any credible person before any judge of this state with the commission of any crime in any other state and, except in cases arising under sub. (6), with having fled from justice, or with having been convicted of a crime in that state and having escaped from confinement, or having broken the terms of his or her bail, probation, extended supervision or parole, or whenever complaint shall have been made before any judge in this state setting forth on the affidavit of any credible person in another state that a crime has been committed in such other state and that the accused has been charged in such state with the commission of the crime, and, except in cases arising under sub. (6), has fled from justice, or with having been convicted of a crime in that state and having escaped from confinement, or having broken the terms of his or her bail, probation, extended supervision or parole, and is believed to be in this state, the judge shall issue a warrant directed to any peace officer commanding the officer to apprehend the person named therein, wherever the person may be found in this state, and to bring the person before the same or any other judge or court who or which may be available in or convenient of access to the place where the arrest may be made, to answer the charge or complaint and affidavit; and a certified copy of the sworn charge or complaint and affidavit upon which the warrant is issued shall be attached to the warrant.

976.03(14)
(14) Arrest without a warrant. The arrest of a person may be lawfully made also by an officer or a private citizen without a warrant upon reasonable information that the accused stands charged in the courts of another state with a crime punishable by death or imprisonment for a term exceeding one year; but when so arrested the accused must be taken before a judge with all practicable speed and complaint must be made against the accused under oath setting forth the ground for the arrest as in sub. (13); and thereafter the accused's answer shall be heard as if the accused had been arrested on a warrant.

976.03(15)
(15) Commitment to await requisition; bail. If from the examination before the judge it appears that the person held is the person charged with having committed the crime alleged and, except in cases arising under sub. (6), that the person held has fled from justice, the judge must, by a warrant reciting the accusation, commit the person held to the county jail for such a time not exceeding 30 days and specified in the warrant, as will enable the arrest of the accused to be made under a warrant of the governor on a requisition of the executive authority of the state having jurisdiction of the offense, unless the accused give bail as provided in sub. (16), or until the accused shall be legally discharged.

976.03(16)
(16) Bail; in what cases; conditions of bond. Unless the offense with which the prisoner is charged is shown to be an offense punishable by death or life imprisonment under the laws of the state in which it was committed, a judge in this state may admit the person arrested to bail by bond, with sufficient sureties, and in such sum as the judge deems proper, conditioned for the prisoner's appearance before the judge at a time specified in such bond, and for the prisoner's surrender, to be arrested upon the warrant of the governor of this state.

976.03(17)
(17) Extension of time of commitment; adjournment. If the accused is not arrested under warrant of the governor by the expiration of the time specified in the warrant or bond, a judge may discharge the accused or may recommit the accused for a further period not to exceed 60 days, or may again take bail for the accused's appearance and surrender, as provided in sub. (16), but within a period not to exceed 60 days after the date of such new bond.

976.03(18)
(18) Forfeiture of bail. If the prisoner is admitted to bail, and fails to appear and surrender himself or herself according to the conditions of his or her bond, the judge, by proper order, shall declare the bond forfeited and order the prisoner's immediate arrest without warrant if the prisoner be within this state. Recovery may be had on such bond in the name of the state as in the case of other bonds given by the accused in criminal proceedings within this state.

976.03(19)
(19) If a prosecution has already been instituted in this state. If a criminal prosecution has been instituted against such person under the laws of this state and is still pending, the governor at the governor's discretion either may surrender the person on the demand of the executive authority of another state, or may hold the person until the person has been tried and discharged, or convicted and punished in this state.
Relist: Answer quality.
ilive in wy and got a class 3 misdeanor for harassment and a class 3 misdeanor for crim misch in co think they r giving me probation for it in co wich i cant do so i need to no if violation of probation on those charges would co be able to extradite me from wy to co for it???
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Good luck