I sold a puppy to a woman and she wants her money back, there…

Customer Question
I sold a puppy to...
I sold a puppy to a woman and she wants her money back, there is a non refundable deposit, she is threanting me if she signed a contract do I refund the money due to her threats
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard, Attorney

Good evening. If there was nothing wrong with the puppy, you are under no obligation to unwind the transaction if she simply changed her mind. If there was something fundamentally wrong with the puppy....such as serious health issue...then the purchaser does have a claim and you should probably refund her money. If she keeps threatening you, you can tell her if she continues you will have no choice but to contact the district attorney's office to file criminal harrassment charges against her.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.