Can they add your BAH and other allowances into your income…

Customer Question
Can they add your BAH...
Can they add your BAH and other allowances into your income when determining child support? I read that they are only supposed to go off of your base pay.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Florida considers ALL sources of income not just your base pay. Housing allowance is not considered as income, it is for specific purpose of housing, same as education allowances. Special service pay, combat pay and other types of additions to pay are considered part of income.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Can you explain to me exactly how child support is determined in florida? i am currently paying $993 for one child.
Florida uses the income shares model for support. This means they use the father and mother's net monthly income (gross minus allowable deductions). Once they get a total monthly income of both parents they then determine what your percentage of the total income is (for example if your income is 70% of the total combined income) and that is the percentage of the monthly payment for the support you owe. Here is the child support worksheet from FL: CHILD SUPPORT DOCUMENT
In your opinion, do you an E-5 with bah for California and 250 a month sea pay, should e paying 993 a month. The mother is a manager at Boston Market. Don't know the exact numbers on her income. Would it be worth taking her to court to get this reduced?
I have no idea what the payment should be without knowing all of the income figures used under those guidelines. You need to look at the tables at the link I provided to come up with the accurate figure, but the amount you are paying (assuming she has no income) would mean you would have to earn $4950 per month