Can the landlords file another eviction notiice when there…

Customer Question
Can the landlords file another...
Can the landlords file another eviction notiice when there first one is on appeal? I have paid the supersadeas bond to stay the eviction, completed all steps to move it to the supperior court, and I now have recieved another summons. This confirms the retaliatory conduct that I argued in my first case. I have been here 9 months on a 1 year lease, I was wrongfully evicted and went to court because I was sure i would prevail because the landlords refused my rent on the day it was due , and refused it again the next day saying I owed late charges. The lease was proof enough I was right but I lost. This is why I appealed his decision. I am the first to ever do so and seem to be on his bad side now so of course I will lose again unless I can prove they shouldnt be able to do this
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
They can't file another one unless it is for conduct that occurred after the other case. For instance,let's say the day after the other case was decided then you went in and started knocking holes in the wall. Theoretically he could file another action since it is for conduct that occurred after the other case.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Well this is for material breach on rental application. They say I gave false info on occupancy. I was moved in already and didnt even fill this all out, I just have my 3 kids, but one is over 18. Landlords were very aware of this .They have already gave me a 10 day in Feb saying I had to move my son out.Since they served that notice and the next day the 5 day rent notice, I ignored the 10 day because it was crazy. I mentioned this in court to show they are just trying to get me out one way or another but it was basically ignored.
There is a concept of law called a compulsory claim. They can't keep bringing stuff up in different actions, they are supposed to bring everything at one time. If the judge appears to be biased you may have to consider filing a judicial complaint.