If a married couple files for legal separation and decides…

Customer Question
If a married couple files...
If a married couple files for legal separation and decides to divorce before legal separation is finalized, can it be amended to a dissolution. If so, Is there a fee (how much) and does it add any delays to the original filing date. This is assuming all other financial matters have already been settled.
thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.No you would just amend the petition here to ask for divorce.I don't think there is additional fee here to amend.The other party here can sign settlement here and decree and proceed to resolve all here.Since you have divided property the settlement would reference the division.
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago