I am a published writer. I wrote a book called The Love Chronicles,

I am a published writer...
I am a published writer. I wrote a book called "The Love Chronicles," which contains several love stories. I recently saw a new movie or play that is coming out starring Vivica Fox and the play or movie is called The Love Chronicles. My book was copyright in 2006 and has been published just as long. Do I have any rights in regards XXXXX XXXXX new movie? Just checking to see what my rights are. Thank you
6/25/2010
loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
You might, if you can show a link which shows that they didn't come by the story independently.

PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
how could I go about establishing that the show did not come by independently?
You have to show some connection, where would the person have seen it...you need to do some research if its not readily apparent. As the plaintiff the burden is on you to show proof.

PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE