Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

There is a right of way between my property and the next house.

Customer Question

There is a right of way between my property and the next house. My neighbor had a contactor who we believe has reduced the size of the pathway. Where can I locate the original size? A right of way agreement was dated 7/20/1937 and recorded 7/26/1937. Is there a city registry - the properties are located in forest hills, new york.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 8 years ago.

Forest Hills is in Queens within NYC. You should be able to locate the easement agreement in the Queens County office of the City Register. Below is their contact information.

City Register's Office, Queens
144-06 94th Avenue, 1st floor
Jamaica, NY 11435 (NNN) NNN-NNNN(City Register) (NNN) NNN-NNNN(Real Property Assessment Bureau)
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

They will have people in the office who can help you locate a copy of the easement agreement.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.