How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard - Bizlaw Your Own Question
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10863
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard - Bizlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is a right of way between my property and the next house.

Customer Question

There is a right of way between my property and the next house. My neighbor had a contactor who we believe has reduced the size of the pathway. Where can I locate the original size? A right of way agreement was dated 7/20/1937 and recorded 7/26/1937. Is there a city registry - the properties are located in forest hills, new york.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 8 years ago.

Forest Hills is in Queens within NYC. You should be able to locate the easement agreement in the Queens County office of the City Register. Below is their contact information.


City Register's Office, Queens
144-06 94th Avenue, 1st floor
Jamaica, NY 11435 (NNN) NNN-NNNN(City Register) (NNN) NNN-NNNN(Real Property Assessment Bureau)
Open Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm


They will have people in the office who can help you locate a copy of the easement agreement.


If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.