We received an in house modifcation agreement from Wells Fargo.

Customer Question
We returned it along with...
We received an in house modifcation agreement from Wells Fargo. We returned it along with the requested check. All well with the time frame. Wells is saying that the full package was not received(this was well after the fact), but can't tell us what was missing. The modification was due to start July 1. Wells has sent us a 4 month temp forebearance that is the precursor to a HAMP mod. What I really want is the original in house mod. Do we have any basis that we had some sort of contract when I signed their offer and sent a check and they accepted and cashed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Yes, you would appear to have formed the contract at that point since all the requirements to a contract were met. Wells Fargo is a worse bureaucracy than the government, one hand never knows what the other is doing.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.

One last quick question-would they need to sign to make it official or would the act of them extending the offer and we accepting along with requested check be enough?

Thanks

Rob

I think they extension of the offer and your acceptance and providing consideration is at least arguably sufficient.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Thanks.
Best wishes