My brother just went through a legal court preceeding to ask…

Customer Question
My brother just went through...
My brother just went through a legal court preceeding to ask the courts NOT to allow his 8 yr old son's birth mom to move out of the state, and to grant him either joint or primary custody of his son. My brother has always been an active father, and has seen his son on a regular basis, and also paid child support. The mother has been in several relationships with other men, and is now on her 2nd engagement-potential marriage, thus her reason for moving AGAIN, and taking my brother's son away from him. My brother was willing to make comprimises and try to come to an agreement with a mediator, but the mother was not, so they had to go to court. After 2 full trial days of testimony, it was very apparent that the judge was very bias and one sided, in favor of the mother. We also learned during the trial that one of the mother's key witnesses was a long time family friend of the judge! My brother received the judge's ruling. Not only did the judge allow the mother to move hundreds of miles away, but my brother also now has LESS visitation rights, has to give the mother a 20 day notice to see his son, has to pay for all transporation to see his son, also has to pay more in child support, has to pay a portion of her attorney fees, had to pay all court fees, and now also has to pay 60% of medical, if mother's insurance does not cover. This is the most blatant abuse of "justice" I have ever seen. My brother is considering appealing. What are his chances, and where can he find an excellent Child Custody attorney? Nebraska-Dakota County is where the trial was, but the mother has since moved to Kansas. Please advise. Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Legal
6/25/2010
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.He has right to appeal here but it is time limited.He would have 30 days to lawyer up and file such an appeal.He has a chance here to reverse this on appeals agree with you it is very one sided decision.

Lawyer referral here
Nebraska State Bar Association
635 S. 14th St
PO BOX 81809
Lincoln, NE 68501
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Web: http://www.nebar.com