Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

EBay ALWAYS takes side of buyers. Even when sold without warranty

Customer Question

EBay ALWAYS takes side of buyers. Even when sold without warranty and no problem with item. Recently, customer bought lens (no warranty) and bought wrong item. All any buyer has to do is claim ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED. That's what this buyer did. EBay took money(including shipping) out of my account. I have proof item was in mint condition and supplied info to EBay. They still ruled in customers favor. This has happened many times. What can I do about this practice?my email address [email protected]
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 years ago.
This is a common complaint about eBay, although I have talked to buyers who complained that eBay always took the side of the sellers.

Nevertheless, it is clear eBay doesn't always do a proper investigation and therefore you likely have a cause of action against them although I believe they have a mandatory arbitration clause in their user agreement.

You may want to have an attorney write them a letter and see what their response is. In addition, you would also have a cause of action against the customer for breach of contract.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.